Taking its name from the Latin for “Truth,” Veritas Films specializes in cultural documentaries and corporate films with exceptionally strong content and artistry.
Veritas Films was founded in Dubai in 2008 by award-winning documentary filmmaker Mahmoud Kaabour in response to the lack of production houses in the GCC region with expert knowledge of the documentary form and cinematic-quality production standards. With his experience, Veritas Films is credited with raising the bar of non-fiction filmmaking in the region. In 2015, Kaabour was named to the "Top 100 Most Powerful Arabs Under the Age of 40."
Our clients include government entities and corporations in the UAE such as the Ministry of Presidential Affairs, the Executive Affairs Authority, the Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council, the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage, Dubai Holding subsidiaries, Media Zone Authority, Tashkeel, and many others. We also provide media consultancy and related services to clients such as Starcom Worldwide and Al-Jazeera.
Aside from commercial pursuits, Veritas Films is actively involved in the cultural life of the United Arab Emirates and is widely recognized as a trailblazer of the UAE’s film industry. Some key statistics about our 2010 film, Teta, Alf Marra (Grandma, a Thousand Times), among the highest achieving Arab documentaries ever:
- Screened to packed houses in over 55 cities worldwide
- Scooped up 7 major Audience awards and Best Film awards around the world
- Received glowing reviews from top global press, including a “New York Times critics pick”
- First GCC-produced film to qualify in ‘Best Documentary’ category of the Academy Awards competition
- First GCC-produced documentary to secure DVD and CD soundtrack distribution throughout the Middle East and global television broadcast
- First Arab documentary to show in cinemas in the UAE